Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So apparently

...I'm a "roving node".
"You are an Roving Node"

"If you are a Roving Node, you are an active manager of your social and work lives using your mobile device. You get the most out of basic applications – such as email or texting – and find them great for dealing with the logistics of your life and enhancing personal productivity. You are more of a hub for information flows than a source of digital content. You are heavily reliant on all of your ICTs for communicating and gathering information."
I guess when reading through this, it seems pretty true. Especially since getting a Blackberry, I feel like I'm constantly "online and connected". I don't really know whether or not this is a good thing or not though, sure I have an endless amount of information at my fingertips, but at the same time its probably the biggest source of distraction imaginable. Its basically procrastination in the form of a phone. Countless hours could be spent just browsing the internet on it, at least it used to be limited to my computer and therefore at home, but now - its everywhere.
With that though, there's the upside of always being able to find the solution to things immediately, instead of waiting till you get home, and possibly forget what you were going to look for. It allows one to stay in touch with friends and family, something that can be really important in some situations, and one can always reach emergency services.
The quiz also says I'm not really someone who adds new content to the net, which is true - I leave that to people who like (in some cases) humiliating themselves on youtube. -------------------->
Also, for other content, I'd just be afraid that I was posting something wrong, stupid or otherwise "flamable". No, I'm definitely a hub for information flows - most of the topics that come up during the day for my friends and I, are things some of us have read - or heard from someone who read them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment